Formal Wedding Ritual
Klingon drums are played. As the mistress of the House begins the ceremony, everyone falls silent.
With fire and steel did the gods forge the Klingon heart. So firecely did it beat, so loud was the sound, that the gods cried out: „On this day we have brought forth the strongest heart in all the heavens. None can stand before it without trembling at its strength.“
But then the Klingon heart weakened, its steady rhythm faltered, and the gods said: „Why do you weaken so? We have made you the strongest in all of creation.“
And the heart said…
The groom steps up to the mistress and responds :
The mistress continues:
And the gods knew that they had erred. So they went back to their forge und brought forth another heart.
The bride enters and joins the groom, facing him. The sword-bearer steps forward, and the couple each take a betleH from him. As the mistress tells all:
But the second heart beat stronger than the first, and the first was jealous of its power.
The groom swings his betleH at the bride, but she parries and gets her blade up to his neck.
At that instant the mistress reminds the bride:
Fortunately, the second heart was tempered by wisdom.
And the bride replies:
If we join together, no forces can stop us.
The bride takes her blade away from her groom’s neck, and the two pull each other close, with their faces almost touching. The mistress continues:
And when the two hearts began to beat together, they filled the heavens with a terrible sound. For the first time, the gods knew fear. They tried to flee, but it was too late.
The Klingon hearts destroyed the gods who created them and turnes the heavens to ashes. To this very day, no one can oppose the beating of two Klingon hearts.
…., son of …, does your heart beat only for this woman?
The groom states an affirmative. The ceremony continues.
And will you swear to join with her and stand with her against all who would oppose you?
He agrees again, and she continues, turning to the bride, asking the same questions:
…., daughter of …, does your heart beat only for this man?
And do you swear to join with him and stand with him against all who would oppose you?
The bride stands in agreement, and in conclusion, spoken to all is (mistress) :
Then let all present here today know that this man and this woman are married.
This ends the speaking of the vows. The Klingon drums begin again as the couple kisses. Then the men who joined the groom in the four days path of clarity (similar to the Earth custom of the bachelor party) rush the platform carrying ma’Stakas to attack the newly married couple and instigate the traditional Klingon wedding congratulations.
Book „StarTrek - Celebrations“ by Maureen McTigue (Pocket Books)
"Golden Tears" by Gustave Klimt
Have this art on a journal of mine.
Riker’s best scene in the whole series.
You underestimate the power of The Dark Side.
Season 2 - Episode 8 ” A Matter of Honor”
Ok. So. Go for it.
- 1: What is your name and does it mean anything?
- 2: How long have you known your best friend?
- 3: What position do you normally sleep in?
- 4: Were you a part of any “clique” in high school?
- 5: Who was your favorite teacher in high school and why?
- 6: Do you wish to travel a lot?
- 7: Did you participate in any sports while in school?
- 8: Show a sample of your handwriting:
- 9: Have you ever given blood?
- 10: Do you like the way that you grew up?
- 11: Do you like your siblings? Why or why not?
- 12: How did you meet your best friend and why did you become friends?
- 13: Name one movie that made you cry.
- 14: Do you prefer to read poetry, write poetry, or neither?
- 15: Things about someone that you find attractive?
- 16: What song are you currently listening to?
- 17: Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how?
- 18: A random memory from you childhood:
- 19: Where did you grow up?
- 20: What was the last thing you watched on tv?
- 21: Do you think you’d make a good parent?
- 22: Would you like to meet any of your Tumblr friends in person?
- 22: What was the last dream you remember having?
- 23: When is your birthday?
- 24: How many pillows do you sleep with?
- 25: Do you wear glasses? If so, how long have you been wearing glasses?
- 26: What color is your hair?
- 27: Name 5 facts about your appearance:
- 28: What is your favorite soda?
- 29: What is a strange talent that you have?
- 30: How’s the weather right now?
- 31: Why did one of your friendships end?
- 32: Who do you miss right now?
- 33: Why did your last relationship end?
- 34: Are you still figuring out who you are?
- 35: Have you ever been admitted to a hospital? Why?
- 36: What is your favorite restaurant?
- 37: What is word that you always seem to spell wrong?
- 38: Would ever adopt kids?
- 39: What is your favorite kind of pizza?
- 40: What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
- 41: When was the last time you got really really happy and why?
- 42: What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- 43: How do you start a conversation?
- 44: What’s a band you’ve been obsessed with lately?
- 45: Do you come from a family “of money?”
- 46: Do you have a bucket list?
- 47: What is your favorite series of books?
- 48: When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt?
- 49: Where do you go when you’re sad?
- 50: 5 random facts about yourself:
I know that feel, Sam.
The cast showing off what books they were reading at the time. (If you look closely, it looks like some might have chosen their books for character research!)
We all know that feeling, vending machine
Yesterday on a Reddit “Ask Me Anything”, Harrison Ford answered the most controversial Star Wars question as if he had never stopped playing the role of Han Solo.
Oh, that’s really low guys.
You know you’ve all done at least one of them before. And enjoyed it.
(via Biker Romulan)
I’m including your tags because I like how you think.
borntosavethedoctor asked: Han or Luke?